We receive funds in a respectful manner and without giving any pressure to our donors.
If you wish to allocate a contribution to a specific task and restrict its use, we will honor that task.
We will also issue our donors with written tax receipts for all donations that are considered tax-deductible in the United States and other parts of the world. We will always indicate in the receipt if no goods or services were provided.
Gifts to Awakening Africa Foundation can be made in any amount for the benefit of any of its programs. Gifts may be assigned to a specific program or purpose or may be left open for the foundation to decide to use as it deems fit for the programs –in this case, the finances will be disbursed to serve areas of priority at the discretion of Awakening Africa Foundation Team Leader.
Evidence Action will honor designations requested by the donor that are considered appropriate by Evidence Action in advance of receiving the gift.
Awakening Africa Foundation accepts the following types of gifts:
- Cash. Awakening African Foundation accepts gifts of cash, checks, money orders and gifts via credit card or electronic fund transfer.
- Planned To Give. Awakening African Foundation will accept gifts where it is named as a beneficiary under an estate plan, allowances, life insurance policies or retirement plan as well as life estate gifts.
- Gifts and Awards. Awakening African Foundation will accept gifts to create endowments with Board approval.
We do not accept contributions of stock in privately owned companies or Subchapter Sub corporations. Awakening Africa Foundation does not currently accept contributions of real estate or other tangible personal property.
It is the responsibility of the donor, under the advisory of their legal representation to substantiate any tax deductions and to comply with IRS regulations and policies, including the filing of form 8283.
Any information supplied to Awakening Africa Group by donors will be used solely to fulfill their donative intent and shall not be shared for any reason or to any third party except when legally required. All requests to remain anonymous shall be honored.
Awakening Africa Foundation does not sell or share its donor lists with third party.
Donors who supply Awakening Africa Foundation with their postal address or email address may be contacted periodically for educational, solicitation purposes and with information regarding upcoming events.
Donors may request to be permanently removed from Awakening Africa Foundation’s mailing list by contacting Awakening Africa Foundation via email, phone, or postal mail. All requests to be removed from Awakening Africa Foundation mailing list shall be honored.
Additionally, Awakening Africa Foundation donors and prospective donors have the right:
- To be informed of Awakening Africa Foundation’s mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Awakening Africa Foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing Awakening Africa Foundation of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Awakening Africa Foundation, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that Awakening Africa Foundation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.